Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Endings turn Beginnings


Finished my last class teaching with Edumais yesterday. I'm so full of emotions.  The saudades I will have for my students and my time here in Brazil. The excitement of new possibilities. But I can't think about the next step just yet. Time, let me linger here for a moment.

Time will also tell me what this passage in life was about further down the road. For now, I think of the people I should thank. The good-bye's to be made. The final meet-ups.

Brazil, I don't know when I'll be back but I'll have to save a large space in my heart for you.

So I lingered as long as a could with this post and today is my last day here in Rio. I've been printmaking as much as I can.  My dad says I'm printing South America to take back with me. He knows me. Full of surprises, this city, marvelous as it is, a dangerous beauty at times.

Closing this curtain for now.  I have to come back to you, oh Rio.

No comments:

Post a Comment