Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Estampas Bonitas: Beautiful Prints

Estampas Bonitas on Sungas, on Saias, on Congas on the Praias!  I'm bursting into song again!  But, for me, the quintessential mark of the carioca style- bold vivid colors in a variety of patterns stamped on most any article of clothing.  Artwork pending.....
If you think it, they will print it.

My recent collection of lino-cuts has revolved around the ordinary and the cliche symbols of Rio.  One such image that comes to mind:  the cockroach, that pesky urban denizen. Barely tolerable, he goes where he wants.... and so does his print....

"Oh!  I didn't see you there!"

"Excuse me! Passing through!"

"What a lovely home you have here. Mind if I skeeter for a while?"






























Window Life

Fofoca: Gossip


















My final printed works these days are a montage of everything I've been absorbing form this frenetic city.  Now the jumble in my mind has a place to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment